Tuesday

Mother's Day, a few days late

Paul worked on Mother's Day, it ended up being not that great of a day for me for various reasons. Whenever Paul mentioned getting me something in honor of Mother's Day I always told him I wanted our remaining garden beds tilled and filled with the remaining compost- that could be his gift. Today was a wonderful day, he worked hard, the boys worked and played hard. The sun shined all day.... I planted my 52 sweet potato plants, the 100 ft corn, bean, squash and peanut bed is tilled and ready to be planted tomorrow. The boys and I planted zillions of marigold, zinnia, cosmos, and morning glory seeds. We planted sunflowers in another attempt at a sunflower house. We picked a half a pound of peas for lunch and 1.5 lbs of strawberries for tomorrow.

The boys found the first patch of blooming honeysuckle...
This was Lakin's first taste....
And he walked around saying "Mmm, yummybuckle" as Rylan and Cale helped him to open and 'drink' from them...

The big boys learned to till....


Little boys too....

It was a nice day.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a lovely day.

    You've got me curious though, why wasn't it such a good day for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a nice day. I love days like that.

    ReplyDelete